Friday, November 8, 2013

Back to Tennessee



Well I'm back in Tennessee, and I'm glad to be here.  My time at the Alert Academy was a very good time of learning, and growing.  Basic training was one of the most challenging times of my life and stretched me in many ways.  Emergency Response training taught me many valuable skills including high angle rescue, rescue diving, structural firefighting, rescue systems, and wild land firefighting.  All these classes were very hands on, and we got lots of good experience.  I also went on to take the EMT coarse they provide.  I found that I like emergency medicine quite a bit.  We got almost three weeks of clinical training.  Working on the ambulance and in the emergency room were very enjoyable. Also there was a lot of time spent studying the bible, wisdom searches, and personal time in the word.  During the coarse of basic it became clear to me that I could not finish without the Lord's help, but he was faithful and saw me through.  I have been away for the better part of the year, but it's good to be back in the woods of Tennessee. I have spent quite a lot of time hunting this season and I've been on a very enjoyable camping trip, but more about that later.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back, Sam! I didn't realize it until today. Sounds like you had some fantastic learning experiences. It's what life's all about. :)

    ReplyDelete